AmazonSmile and the Parish School
This is perhaps the easiest ways to raise funds for the parish and the school. If you shop online with Amazon, then keeping shopping as you would. The AmazonSmiile program will donate 0.5% f your purchases to the parish. It is the same Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on the AmazonSmile website, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice. We are asking that you select us as your charity!
It is as easy as that. You do what you are already doing and the parish will benefit!!
Here’s how to sign up for AmazonSmile:
- In your browser (desktop or mobile phone), visit amazon.com . (If you shop via you mobile phone, see the next section and “Get the App.”)
- Sign in with your usual Amazon.com credentials
- Choose a charitable organization to receive donations, or search for the charity of your choice
- Select your charity – St. Francis of Assisi School (the parish and school share the account)
- Start shopping!
- Add a bookmark for amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile
Mobile phone user? Get the app
Turn on AmazonSmile in the Amazon Shopping app
- Make sure you’re signed up for AmazonSmile (use your web browser to visit amazon.com)
- Download or update to the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app for iOS or Android
- Open the app and find “Settings” in the main menu (☰)
- Tap on “AmazonSmile” and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile in the app.
AmazonSmile in the app is not available for iPads and other tablet devices. To shop AmazonSmile on your tablet, type smile.amazon.com into the browser.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I receive a tax deduction for amounts donated from my purchases on AmazonSmile. Donations are made by the AmazonSmile Foundation and are not tax deductible by you.
How can I learn more about AmazonSmile? Please see complete AmazonSmile program details here.
Is there any Cost to Customers or the parisht? There is no cost to charitable organizations or to AmazonSmile customers. Customers will have access to the same products, features, services, and great low prices as on Amazon.com. The shopping experience is identical to Amazon.com with the added benefit that the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from eligible AmazonSmile purchases to charitable organizations selected by customers.
Will this affect my Amazon Prime Account? Not at all. Everything works the same.