Confirmation for Adults
The parish offers a six-week program after Easter for Catholic adults who have already received the sacraments of Baptism and Eucharist (First Communion) and would like to complete their initiation with Confirmation. Please register with Lisa Ostendorf to obtain the required paperwork and to reserve a textbook email@example.com or 703-221-4044, ext. 277.
2017 Classes begin Tuesday, April 25th at 6:30 p.m. in the Br. Juniper room on the church side of campus.
Confirmation for Children
Our regular parish program for Confirmation is a two-year process typically beginning in the 7th grade and is conducted through our Religious Education program. Trained Catechists instruct candidates weekly in the central doctrines of our faith as they are expressed in the Apostle’s Creed and the teachings of Christ. Candidates also complete church and community service as a requirement for Confirmation.
Confirmation Preparation Goals for Children
- To develop a deeper understanding, appreciation and active participation in the Eucharist.
- To understand the major symbols of the sacrament and their meaning: laying on of hands and anointing with sacred chrism.
- To foster personal spiritual growth as well as participate in communal worship.
- To encourage a sense of discipleship and life of service both within the parish community and the wider community. For information about Confirmation for older children and adults, please visit our Rite of Christian Initiation pages.
For more information about Confirmation preparation, please contact Sheila Noble (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at 703-221-4978.
Confirmation 2019 Important Dates
Questions, contact Sheila Noble at email@example.com
Sunday, November 4th 1:30-3:00pm OR Thursday, November 15th 7:00-8:30pm
Year II Mini Retreat with sponsor – Both sessions will be held in the Parish Center gym. Please use this link to register for one of the sessions: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0E4EA9AA29A2FC1-confirmation4
January 10, 2019
Service Hours Form & Reflective Essay – due to the Religious Education office
February 7, 2019
Letter of Intent to the Pastor – due to the Religious Education office
Saturday, February 23, 2019 3:00-9:00 pm
Year II NET Retreat – candidates only, drop off and pick up will be from the parish center gym.
Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 7:00pm
Mandatory Reconciliation Service for all Confirmation candidates –in the church.
Friday, March 29th at 6:00pm or 8:00pm – Confirmation Rehearsal
Saturday, March 30th at 10:00am or 2:00pm – Confirmation
Required Paperwork – Confirmation 2019
Required Paperwork – Confirmation 2020
Retreat Dates and Paperwork Deadlines
Year I (7th grade) – Confirmed spring 2020
Year I Mini Retreat with parent – Sunday, October 28th 1:30-3:00pm OR Tuesday, November 6th 7:00-8:30pm. Both sessions will be held in the Parish Center gym.
Mandatory Parish Service Project – December 1, 2, 2018 – Bread for Life. Each candidate will choose one time slot to prepare bread for sale and sell the bread before and after mass. Candidates will attend mass during their assigned time slot.
Confirmation Application and Contract, Baptism Certificate copy due to the Religious Education office no later than December 3, 2018.
Confirmation Saint and Sponsor forms due to the Religious Education office no later than February 7, 2019.
Year I NET Retreat – candidates only – Friday, February 22, 2019 4:30-9:30pm. Drop off will be in the church and pick up from the parish center.
Mandatory Parish Service Project – April 7, 2019. Special Olympics basketball game. Candidates will sign up for various slots to support the game and concession sale to support Special Olympics. All candidates are required to attend the entire event.
Year II (8th grade) – Confirmed spring 2019
Year II Mini Retreat with sponsor – Sunday, November 4th 1:30-3:00pm OR Thursday, November 15th 7:00-8:30pm. Both sessions will be held in the Parish Center gym. Please use this link to register for one of the sessions: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0E4EA9AA29A2FC1-confirmation4.
Service Hours Form & Reflective Essay – due to the Religious Education office no later than January 10, 2019.
Letter of Intent to the Pastor – due to the Religious Education office no later than February 7, 2019.
Year II NET Retreat – candidates only – Saturday, February 23, 2019 3:00-9:00 pm. Drop off and pick up will be from the parish center gym.
Mandatory Reconciliation Service for all Confirmation candidates – Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 7:00pm in the church.
Confirmation Rehearsal – Friday, March 29th at 6:00pm or 8:00pm
Confirmation – Saturday, March 30th at 10:00am or 2:00pm
Confirmation Hours and Opportunities
Here are a few organizations at the Parish where volunteers are needed: Nursery during the 9:00 a.m. Mass. Please contact Renee Shelley at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are some organizations who are always in need of help.
- The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) needs volunteers to sign up to tutor kids in grades K-3 in reading and math next school year. Please call Coleen at (703) 369-5292 ext. 207 for more info.
- Volunteer Prince William is looking for a volunteer available weekdays to deliver a small disaster preparedness display to Houses of Worship throughout the community on a monthly basis. The churches have requested the display to be delivered and picked up on specific dates. This display is small and light and very easy! Please email Bonnie at: email@example.com for more info.
- National Preparedness Month presents lots of opportunities for groups to help educate your community on being prepared for all kinds of weather and/or man-made disasters. Volunteers are needed to distribute very informative brochures to neighborhoods, senior living facilities, Houses of Worship and your friends and family. This is a great way for your club, office, service organization and scouts to do something important on a beautiful September day. Please email Bonnie at: firstname.lastname@example.org for all the specifics.
- Birmingham Green senior living needs volunteers to help serve dinner from 5-7pm every night. Sounds like great fun- this includes setting tables, rolling silverware, serving beverages and clearing tables. Please call Zack at (703) 257-6252 to learn more.
- Brain Injury Services has an ongoing need with their technology initiative. This is includes helping their clients with setting up an iPhone, or Microsoft Office programs. You don’t need to be a super techo just willing to help another be more independent with technology. Please call Michelle at (703) 451-8881 ext. 232 to learn more.
- Fancy Cats Rescue Team has an urgent need for foster families to take adoptable cats and kittens into their homes for 30-60 days to provide the basic care as they prepare to be adopted in their permanent home. This includes love, food, litter and transport to adoption fairs. Foster homes are also needed for short periods to give a Pet Smart kitty a break from living in the cage. It continues to be kitten time and your loving home would be a great refuge for these cats. Please email Alex at: email@example.com to learn more.
- Special Olympics is looking for volunteers for both their soccer and bocce training programs. Please call Peggy at (703) 680-6661 or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Habitat for Humanity is seeking help for a number of new home repair projects underway in Dale City and Manassas Park Please call Tiffanie at (703) 369-6708 to learn more.
- The Prince William SPCA is looking for a volunteer to do their monthly newsletter. There is a planning committee to help. Please complete a volunteer sign up form on their website at PWSPCA.org.
- If you are looking for other opportunities, please don’t forget to call my wonderful team at Volunteer Prince William. Coleen can help you with the Retired and Senior Volunteer (RSVP) opportunities at (703) 369-5292 ext. 207, Shelley can help with any individual or group project and send you weekly updates if you’d like. Shelley is at (703) 369-5292 ext. 201, and Bonnie can help you with opportunities available in Disaster Preparedness at (703) 369-5292 ext. 202. Please visit our newly re-vamped website at www.volunteerprincewilliam.org.
For questions about Confirmation preparation, please contact Sheila Noble: