REACHING OUT TO OUR COMMUNITYSister Parish in Peru
Mission 2019 Video/Presentations
HNPToday Articles about the St Francis Sister Parish Ministry
History of Sister Parish Ministry
Please Help Our Brothers and Sisters in Peru!
Sister Parish Collection October 10-11, 2020
- Peru’s per capita COVID-19 mortality rate of 93.28 per 100,000 is higher than that of any other nation except the tiny European republic of San Marino.
- The poorer population, such as the parishioners at Santa Ana, are bearing the brunt of the pandemic: Most work in the “informal economy” – they must work to eat. Social distancing is impossible in crowded, mixed generation, poorly ventilated homes. For those who do have work, they must travel on crowded, standing room only buses to get to it.
- Schools are closed except for virtual learning. The Santa Ana School (K-11) and the highly regarded Technical Institute are struggling to stay open. So far they have succeeded – but obtaining the money to pay the teachers is difficult – even on half pay.
- Tony’s and Fr. Carlos’ priorities during this crisis are simple:
- Feed the Hungry
- Feed the Soul
- Assist families in crisis
- Keep the School and the Institute open – this is the future for the children and young adults of the parish
There is an envelope for the collection in your October packet or you can mail a check to the church or drop it in the catch all box. Envelopes are also available on the Sister Parish section of the bulletin board to the right as you enter church.
Over the years, St Francis Parishioners have been extremely generous in their support of our brothers and sisters at Santa Ana. This is a difficult time for all of us, but any gift you can offer will, collectively, have a big impact in helping Santa Ana parishioners get through this difficult time.
The St Francis Sister Parish Ministry
Mission Update: Because of pandemic conditions both in the United States and in Peru, we are not planning for a Mission in 2021. If the situation changes over the coming months we will get the word out as quickly as possible.
Sister Parish Mission Support
From October 2007 through April 2020 St. Francis parishioners have contributed over $434,000 to our Sister Parishes for a wide variety of projects ranging from scholarships to construction of food kitchens, chapels, schools, clinics, and microloans, to mention a few.