REACHING OUT TO OUR COMMUNITYSister Parish in Peru
The friars of Holy Name Province (HNP) are responsible for a parish, Parraquia Santa Ana, south of the city of Lima. They are also responsible for a large “pastoral zone” in the Lurin Valley still further south. Additionally, they staff a mission station in Satipo to the east across the Andes in Amazonia.
Video from previous parish missions:
History of Sister Parish Ministry
The next Sister Parish Ministry Meeting will be held in April at a time TBD. Please check back here or in the church bulletin and on the bulletin board for further information. Thank you for your interest.
As of Jan 31, 2017, applications for Mission 2017 are no longer being accepted. All openings have been filled. General information about the Sister Parish Mission program can be found under the link below.
View pictures from our previous parish missions to Peru!
Sister Parish Scholarship Project
For the past 10 years, St Francis parishioners have helped sponsor children attending Catholic Schools in our Sister Parishes who otherwise would be deprived of a meaningful education. Some of the children are on partial scholarships so there are more names available and for different amounts of money, ranging from $100 to $580 for one year of school. If interested in helping, please take an envelope with the amount of the scholarship funds needed from the bulletin board and return it to the “catch all box” as soon as possible…no later than March 26th. If you change your mind please let us know so that we can reassign the student. Thank you!
Purpose of Sister Parish Ministry
The parishioners of our Sister Parish are very resourceful people. However, they have been deprived of many of the basic resources of life that we all take for granted here in the United States. Our relationships help cultivate mutual understanding and allows them to pool their scant resources and to live in dignity. Our pledge with our Brothers and Sisters in Lima calls for us:
- To pray for one another as Sister Parishes, especially at the Sunday Eucharist
- To learn more about the life our Sister Parish community through education and visits
- To cross frontiers and barriers of geography, politics, economics, race and ethnicity
- To become more just within our families, schools, work, business and political life
- To give generously to meet the basic needs of those within our country and beyond
- To advocate for the protection of life, the defense of human dignity, the care of God’s creation and the promotion of peace
Our Sister Parishes offer opportunities for involvement within the Catholic Community of St. Francis of Assisi. The following are ways you can make a difference:
- Support our annual Special Collection to help our brothers and sisters in Lima
- Fund a specific project
- Sponsor a Catholic school student
- Provide assistance or tuition for job training
- Serve in the Sister Parish ministry at St. Francis through planning, education, publicity, communications (fluent in Spanish), or logistics and finance
Sister Parish Mission Support
From October 2007 to December 2016, fifty-four (54) St Francis parishioners have made the journey to our Sister Parishes, some of them multiple times. During that same period, our parish has contributed over $300,000 to our Sister Parishes for a wide variety of projects ranging from construction of food kitchens, chapels, schools, clinics and microloans to mention a few.
For more information on our Sister Parish in Peru, please contact Terry Danner: