REACHING OUT TO OUR COMMUNITYSister Parish in Peru
Mission 2019 Video/Presentations
Our next meeting will be at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, October 29th in the Br Juniper Room.
HNPToday Articles about the St Francis Sister Parish Ministry
History of Sister Parish Ministry
The 2020 Mission is tentatively scheduled for June 20-29, 2020. Information and applications will be available in late December – early January.
Annual Sister Parish Collection October 13th: This year our annual collection to support our brothers and sisters in Peru will be used to assist Fr Tony to rebuild or replace the 20 year old Toyota mini-bus used to transport students to and from the technical institute / high school, as well as assist with final outfitting of the technical institute / high school building. Additionally, the collection will assist Fr Carlos begin a new parish in the Lurin Valley.
Mission 2020 is tentatively planned for June 20-29, 2020. Applications will be available in late December – early January. Did you know since March 2007, one-hundred-and-ten journeys have been made by St Francis parishioners to our Sister Parishes? Through these visits, St. Francis has developed bonds of faith and friendship with the parishioners of Santa Ana and the Lurin Valley. Would you consider joining the Parish Mission to Peru in 2020? Information and applications will be posted under the tab on the left and on the church bulletin board as soon as it is available.
Purpose of Sister Parish Ministry
The parishioners of our Sister Parish are very resourceful people. However, they have been deprived of many of the basic resources of life that we all take for granted here in the United States. Our relationships help cultivate mutual understanding and allows them to pool their scant resources and to live in dignity. Our pledge with our Brothers and Sisters in Lima calls for us:
- To pray for one another as Sister Parishes, especially at the Sunday Eucharist
- To learn more about the life our Sister Parish community through education and visits
- To cross frontiers and barriers of geography, politics, economics, race and ethnicity
- To become more just within our families, schools, work, business and political life
- To give generously to meet the basic needs of those within our country and beyond
- To advocate for the protection of life, the defense of human dignity, the care of God’s creation and the promotion of peace
Our Sister Parishes offer opportunities for involvement within the Catholic Community of St. Francis of Assisi. The following are ways you can make a difference:
- Support our annual Special Collection to help our brothers and sisters in Lima
- Fund a specific project
- Sponsor a Catholic school student
- Provide tuition assistance for job training
- Serve in the Sister Parish ministry at St. Francis through planning, education, publicity, communications (fluent in Spanish), or logistics and finance
Sister Parish Mission Support
From October 2007 through August 2019 St Francis parishioners have contributed over $408,000 to our Sister Parishes for a wide variety of projects ranging from construction of food kitchens, chapels, schools, clinics and microloans, to mention a few.