Sign-Up To Attend Public Mass
The Public Mass Schedule for Sunday, December 6th is as follows:
1:30 p.m. (Spanish)
The Public Mass Schedule for Tuesday, December 8th (Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary) is as follows:
Please click here to reserve a seat for one of the Masses
Reserved Seating (Printable Instructions – Includes English and Spanish)
Reserved Seating Video Instructions
- Click here to learn how to Select Seats for Mass in Eventbrite
- Click here to learn how to Select Seats Using the Map in Eventbrite
- Click here to learn how to Return/Cancel a Seat Ticket Order
When attending a public Mass, please be advised of the follow:
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes before the start of Mass
- Each person attending Mass must have a ticket (hard copy or on cell phone)
- A face mask is required for anyone 2 years of age or older
- Each person attending Mass will be required to have a temperature check before entering the church
- Sit in assigned seating areas only
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home if you have any symptoms of a fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or may have been exposed to COVID-19
Please Note: All the faithful of the Diocese of Arlington are dispensed from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and holy days of obligation until further notice. We will continue to Live Stream Mass on Saturdays at 5:30 p.m. until further notice.
Live Stream Mass
We now have an official YouTube channel! In an effort to provide spiritual fulfillment during this period of social distancing, we started Live Streaming weekend Masses on YouTube on March 28th. Each Mass will be Live Streamed during the time(s) listed below, and then made available as a recording afterwards.
Our Live Stream Mass is now being viewed by not only St. Francis parishioners, but also individuals and families in 30 states in the U.S. and numerous foreign countries. In an effort to improve the quality of our Live Streaming service, St. Francis Parish will be purchasing permanent cameras and other necessary support equipment. If you (parishioners or those viewing us from a far) wish to help with the purchase, please click here or make a donation by way of mail (18825 Fuller Heights Rd, Triangle, VA 22172) or through your financial institution. Many thanks in advance for your generosity.
December 5th – 5:30 p.m.
December 7th – 7:30 p.m. (Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary – Bilingual Vigil Mass)
Spiritual Communion Prayer
(to be said when Communion is being distributed during Live Streaming)
My Jesus, I love you above all things. How I long to receive you with my brothers and sisters at the table you have prepared. Since I cannot at this moment receive you in bread and wine according to your promise in the sacrament of Holy Communion, I ask you to feed me with the manna of your Holy Spirit and nourish me with your Holy presence. I unite myself wholly to you. Never permit me to be separated from your love. Amen.
Please click here for printable Spiritual Communion Prayer cards.
Please click here for printable Mass Prayers and Responses.
Please click here for the December 4th Daily Reflection.
Please be advised of the following:
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) please be advised of the following:
- The Church will be open Monday thru Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- The Parish Office will be open Monday thru Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- The Saturday 5:30 p.m. Mass will continue to be Live Streamed (not open to the public)
- Please see the above schedule of public Masses (advanced reserved seating only)
- Daily Masses (Monday-Friday at 8:45 a.m.) have resumed (maximum seating 50 people)
- Until further notice, Confessions will be heard on Wednesdays from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the Church
- All Parish Activities have been canceled until further notice
Wondering how you can still support the parish during the COVID-19 situation? Please consider using some our fast and easy options:
- You can use our Electronic Giving Form (Click Here). Please simply complete the form and drop it off or mail it in to the Parish.
- You can set up Electronic Giving through your own financial institution
- You can give electronically through the Donate Online (PayPal) section of the website, please click here.
Please contact Barbara Stouffer with any questions about giving electronically.
We Are Praying For You!!
As the current call for social distancing leaves many of us feeling anxious or alone, please know that your parish family is praying for each of you! The Friars, Parish Staff, and members of our newly forming Intercessory Prayer Team are praying for health and healing from all illness and anxiety for each of our parishioners. We would like to pray for your specific needs also! Please click on the ‘Prayer Request’ button with any specific prayer requests. As much as possible, let’s try to keep our eyes focused on Jesus as He walks with us through this difficulty!
Upcoming Parish Events
Immaculate Conception Mass Schedule
Tuesday, December 8th is the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary (a Holy Day of Obligation). Masses will be held:
December 7th — 7:30 p.m. Bilingual Vigil Mass
Please visit www.stfrncis.eventbrite.com to reserve a seat for:
December 8th — 8:45 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
New Confession Schedule
Until further notice, Confessions will be heard on Wednesdays from 7:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. in the Church. This is to avoid any delays with Live Streaming the Saturday Mass.
Mass Intention Book For 2021
NEW CHANGES TO THE MASS INTENTIONS
Monday, December 14, 2020
The Mass Intention book for 2021 Opens
Mass intention times are Saturday 5:30pm; Sunday at 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. The Spanish Mass is at 1:30 p.m. on Sunday. The intentions for these Masses will be announced. We will be scheduling intentions for these Masses from January 1st through May 30th only.
Our weekday Masses will stay the same time at 8:45 a.m., (Monday-Friday). The intentions for these Masses will be taken for the entire year.
To schedule a Mass you may come in or call the Parish Office. We also have envelopes located on the tables in the vestibule of the church. Just drop the envelope in the catch-all slot. We will be taking 3 intentions per Mass.
Download our weekly bulletins in PDF format for all the latest news and announcements from St. Francis. Please click here.
Advent Adult Faith Reflections
Join us virtually on Thursday evenings at 7:00 p.m. beginning December 3rd “Around the Advent Circle” as we gather to share readings and reflections to help quiet our hearts and prepare for the birth of Jesus. This time together will help us be more alert to His presence in our lives each day. Please contact Sheila Noble for more information or to receive the link to access the sessions.
Fr. George Has A Blog!
Did you know that Fr. George has a blog? His first post was in September 2011, and in the ensuing years has posted more than 2,600 times! The blog, as the name implies, captures the musings of a Franciscan friar – www.friarmusings.com. The blog is the home to his Sunday homilies, a reflection from daily Mass here at St. Francis, scripture commentaries he has written over the years, and a lot of posts where he is musing over some topic that has caught his interest – most often about the spiritual life and our Faith – but not always – consider his post on “Rubber duckies at sea…”.